Sunday, September 7, 2014

August

In August we were pretty busy with visits from family, to family, Clark had high adventure and LOTS of rain. Let's see here Clark, Jessica (DaBell) and I kicked off our 2 week sugar fast July 21st. Man, oh man. I suggest everyone do it, at least once. You'll see how much sugar and corn sugar is shoved into your food by the food companies, EYE OPENER, and you'll lose weight. I could do a whole essay on our 2 weeks and how much I actually LOVED the challenge and how I felt, but maybe I'll save that lecture for another day. It ended in a family reunion, where we thought we treaded lightly on the sugar, but still had stomach aches through the weekend.
  Clark left for High Adventure on the fourth of August. I had to spend 3 of the 4 nights all alone and may have learned to load a shotgun at 2 in the morning the first night, thanks Youtube and severe, sleep-induced paranoia. I'll save that story for a campfire... Clark's parents were on their way home from Utah one of the nights and gave us a much needed visit and Happy Meals, which, indeed, made us happy.
 My sister, Stefanie, came out from California for a couple weeks in the middle of August. We had a grand time with her and her kids. One of the days was spent at Heise, swimming. Speaking of rain, the pool was closed when we arrived and had to wait a while to get in but when we did, there were no crowds. The girls put on life jackets and jumped off the diving board by themselves and went down the big slide with cousin Saida. Shelby even went twice, she is our fearless one right now. We went camping with Liz, Stef and cousins and went out to Kilgore the next day. Mom, dad, Stef and I spent way to much of the day playing croquet and getting sunburned.

Camping and dirt
  When school started, I took the kids to Rexburg Rapids to swim. The kid play area was closed the first  hour and I wasn't sure I had made the right choice about taking 3 little ones by myself to a water park. Shelby was still nervous in her life jacket and I could only hold her and Mollie as we walked around the lazy river. Ashton could touch, but kept getting too far ahead with the current. Luckily the kid area opened up and Mollie fell asleep so I could sit on the edge with Mollie in the car seat and watch the girls play.


 We spent Labor Day weekend in Utah with Garrett and Alex's families. Jessica and Lisa do such a good job of creating inviting home environments. I could learn a few things from those two. Our stay was far too quick and car rides far too long with bathroom stops and feedings in the mix. But we appreciate their company and continue to lament living so far from the triplets and their families. 
  Ashton started dance on Tuesday and immediately after asked when her next dance class would be. When I told her next Tuesday, she replied, "Is Tuesday tomorrow?' I think we found something she will enjoy. I took the girls to the zoo Wednesday with a big group of friends. The zoo has stroller week in September, which is free admission for an adult with a stroller. The day was cool, so lots of animals were out to see.





  This weekend Liz and Ron shipped their lambs from Modoc. We were able to go Friday night and Saturday. It was FREEZING!! Like 24 degrees freezing. Clark braved it in the tent while the girls and I found solace in Jenn's trailer. Mollie and I shared a sleeping bag and I spent most of the night cuddling her for warmth. Needless to say I went to bed at 8:30 last night and Clark gave Mollie a bottle at 10 so I could sleep until she woke up at 6:50 this morning. I pretty much did nothing but hold my baby, take pictures, and eat too much food. Clark was the useful one and helped run the sheep. The girls were very sad to leave Modoc and their cousins. Ashton and Clark spent a little time in the middle of the day trying to fish, but nothing wanted to bite. The rest of the family joined us at Paul's reservoir and Scott showed us what it looks like to skip rocks with a Major league pitching arm. It was crazy! I should have taken a video of how far his rocks went.

Ashton took this picture of Mollie's 'talking face' on the way to shipping

Playing duck, duck, goose.

Super zoomed in
Actual view
Selfies while they fished, and some spit-up.

How Ashton felt about leaving. Worn-out and upset.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

It was fun to have you guys come visit, but I agree, it was too short! Looks like you guys have been up to tons of fun stuff!

stefanie said...

Not sure when you had time to document these activities! A fun time was had by all. Thanks for letting us visit. My kids had a great time. It will probably take me some time to recover though.

Jessica said...

Yay! Thanks for the ginormous updates and pictures. I had been waiting. ;)

So glad you were able to come and visit (it made my day when you said you were likely coming!). We always like when we get to hang out. :) We think you are pretty darn cool.

Liz said...

Thanks for coming up to the Modoc! It was fun.