Friday, July 11, 2014

May and June's this and that.

When Mollie was two weeks, all the girls and I ventured out of the house to attend BYU-I's Ag days. We got to ride a horse-drawn wagon, were given free lemonade, ice-cream, candy, flowers and ladybugs. Yes, ladybugs. A sacrament-sized cup full of them to let out in our yard. Half cool, half creepy. And the girls tried out some of the tractors as well.
A little ways to grow until those feet can touch.
Let's all hope 'joy-riding' isn't in her future.
 The other day, Shelby came in, saying she was going to have a baby. Ignore the extreme disorganization in the background, story of my life.
 While Clark and the girls were up in Bozeman, welcoming home his parents, I made a visit to my grandparents in Sugar for Father's day and got to wish this handsome fellow a happy father's day.

The girls and I also made a trip to The Soda Vine, a new 50's style shop in town. It was adorable, but I can't say I really enjoyed my soda and the girls didn't finish their milkshakes. That is saying something. We'll give it another shot, later.



After Christmas, the Fourth of July is my favorite holiday. I was feeling festive and thought I could quickly make this wreath for my front door. I started painting red first and was done halfway through. I kept at it, thinking I would make it a very cheap craft. I bought 3 packs of clothespins for 3 dollars and was determined to keep it cheap. The problem with having Porter's as the only craft store in town meant I had to go with the big stars, since the smalls were gone, at 50 cents a pop. I refused to buy a pre-fab metal wreath and made Clark fashion me one out of 2 plastic-coated metal hangers. He even offered to buy me one, since they were impossible to work with. I was being stubborn and refused to pay more. When I went to hang it on the door, clothespins fell every which way and I, very annoyed by this time, hot glued them all together. It looks great from a distance (the road) but up close all the tacky, yellow, hot glue shows through. It doesn't always pay to go cheap, lesson learned.


The girls also decided to get ahold of my extra ribbon during the process and make their own mess.

The ever creative Ashton made these "underpants" for her and Shelby the other day. I take A LOT of pictures at this angle, because I'm sitting in the recliner nursing/rocking Mollie.


Ashton tried t-ball this year. She told me she liked it a lot better than soccer. She was only one of two girls on her team, even though the other teams we played seemed to have more girls. She spent a lot of the time on defense kicking and drawing in the dirt. She had a hard time remembering which hand her mitt was supposed to go on and what side to hit the ball on. It was entertaining to watch, but the team was much better by the end of the season. She told me it was "too sweaty" (some of those games at the end were hot, hot) and she wanted to play a sport where she didn't have to sweat. I just laughed. 

Sitting in her carseat, out of the sun, supporting her sister.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Bwahahaha! I am laughing at Clark's offer to just buy you a wreath. Maybe I am laughing because we have been in that exact same spot before: I'm frustrated, Garrett's frustrated, bah! JUST BUY THE DARN THING! But the pride steps in and there is no other way but to finish to the die-hard end. If it really helps, I didn't notice an ounce of glue, so it must not be that obvious. And I even had a struggle with your cat at the door, so we spent some quality time there. :)

Nice hit, Ashton! {like a girl...!}

Liz said...

All the girls wondered if you had made your wreath when we were over for Mollie's blessing. It was cute. Love to look at the pictures.