Thursday, July 10, 2014

4th of July

We  really enjoyed going to the Rexburg Parade last year so this year we determined to go again. I got a little overzealous and made us drive down Main street and sit out our chairs the night before. Friday morning we rolled into the Walgreens parking lot and parked right behind our seats. My zeal paid off and Mollie and I spent the parade in the shade, perfect spot if I may say so myself. Thanks to Rudd and Company, we enjoyed hot dogs at 9 in the morning. Breakfast of champions.



The kids were pro candy chasers. Shelby was an animal out there and kept jump-stopping on the candy, even the big boys backed up instead of fighting her for candy. Not sure to say I am proud... but it was fun to watch and I enjoyed eating some of their pickings. We were a little disappointed with the parade this year, I for one was really looking forward to chocolate milk from the Dairy farmers of Idaho and the grown men dancing from Ray's car wash, but they were absent this year. My 2 favorites.


After the parade, we headed straight to Kilgore. I think I must be getting old. because I am starting to get tired of the crowds and bustle. Kilgore was the perfect choice for our holiday. We played a lot of crochet with Liz, my parents and fam. I won one out of three, taking out Clark for the win. Clark and girls camped outside, while Mollie and I slept inside. We didn't sleep so well, but Mollie caught up on her sleep while Clark packed her up and down the mountain on our hike the next morning. We hiked to Aldous lake with Liz and company and all the kids made the hike. I have to confess I had to use a little bribery to keep them hiking down the mountain, but we all made it with Mollie being the only one carried.

Chilaxin on the pineapple couch.



1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm glad SOMEONE enjoys parades!