Saturday, November 1, 2014

October and Halloween





Clark moved over to his outpatient clinic at the first of the month. They named it Madison Physical Therapy and Wound Center and it's just a block and a half from the hospital. He also went to a 4 day a week (10 hour day) schedule and gets Thursdays off. He is liking it so far. I miss him in the evenings but Thursday and the shorter weekend work days (when he works weekends) make up for it.
  I just signed up for a gym membership this week. I'm slightly scared to do classes with other people. I think I'm afraid of not being able to keep up. The one perk is there is childcare, which is a huge benefit that I didn't have working out at home. I also have a good friend that goes and hopefully that will keep me motivated.
 Ashton loves preschool and the jobs she is given. She hates being the caboose she tells me and her favorite is snack helper. Tuesdays are kind of crazy with preschool and dance in the afternoon. Her perfectionist personality sometimes struggles with not getting the dance moves right away. It is good for her, she's also the youngest in her class so she has a bit of a learning curve. We tried the younger class, but we decided it wasn't a better fit and would cut too much into preschool time. She just needs to know she's capable and if she practices, she'll do great.
  Shelby has dance on Mondays for half an hour at the gym and gymnastics on Wednesdays for half an hour. She calls it "my gym" and gets so excited. One of the moms made tutus for their dance class and it's pretty adorable. I'm so impressed with how well she listens to her teachers. She is so happy to be "Thwee".
  We went to the straw maze and I may or may not have had to help a screaming Ashton relieve herself in a little patch of straw. Works for animals... No one was around and Clark was slightly mortified when he found out. Somehow he missed us for a couple minutes and didn't even notice. What are you supposed to do?? The girls really liked sliding down the tubes after we got out and walking in the big tractor tire.
  The kids got to dress up a few times for Halloween. Once for the school carnival, once for our church mother's group party, and, of course, for Halloween. Ashton dressed up for preschool and dance class as well. She showed up as a pirate, just like her dance teacher, she was pretty pleased to be the same thing. Mollie got to be a lady bug for the school carnival and a poodle for Halloween. The girls were Elsa and Anna.








Such good buddies.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Cute costumes! And that's so fun that you got a gym membership. Just yesterday I was telling Alex how much I miss going to the gym. Working out at home just isn't the same! We'll have to have your girls show us their dance moves next time we see you guys!

Jessica said...

I didn't know Clark started his new job, I hope all goes well. I can definitely see the pros that come with 4-10s, but I would miss him during the long days. Hope it continues to get awesome!

I had to laugh about your peeing in the corn maze. After our trip to OR, and hundreds of peeing-in-the-bush excursions, I thought to myself (about B&L), man, I am glad you are not a girl. You are proof that it can (and WILL!) be done!

Yay for a gym membership. I miss those days... we are hoping that our Christmas present this year will be a treadmill. Time will tell if we can meet our goal. Nowhere here has daycare (at least for a reasonable price). Thus the treadmill at home. :)

Love the Halloween costume pics! I can't for the life of me figure out what is in that mason jar... whatever it is, looks creepy and Halloweenish! What is it?? Love the white pumpkins!

stefanie said...

I am digging the poodle costume. And I would expect nothing less than princesses for the big girls.